Friday, October 10, 2014

Dragon Ball Z minifigures by JLB (sets 5901 to 5906)


Super Saiyajin Son Gokū, Majin Buu, Super Saiyajin 3 Son Gokū / Vegeta, Super Saiyajin 4 Son Gokū / Kame Sennin

As I promised in the last article, I will now talk about the JLB Dragon Ball Z minifigures. I received this set at the same time as I receveid the Decool one. It was very pleaseful to get in one time all these DBZ characters. Some were in both sets (Super Saiyajin Son Gokū, Vegeta and Kame Sennin), but this allowed me to do comparisons. Decool minifigures were a brilliant success. What about JLB's ?

Gokū's theory of evolution

The first time I saw these minfigures, I find it original and botched. Mixed feelings for this set. It was a very good idea to put different Gokū in the same set. It makes me think of the Bandai Super Battle Collection Son Gokū pack with interchangeable heads. You may think more Gokū means less other characters. Nevermind, JLB will put other Dragon Ball characters in their next set ! Kame Sennin is a rare character in the latter part of the manga, it's interesting to notice that chinese brands like him, as he appears in the Decool set too. I was very surprised the first time I saw Majin Buu in a minifigures set, he wouldn't be one of the first characters I would put in a set. But he's the best made character from this set.

What about accessories ? First, what is the black and yellow construction on the left of the plate ? I have no idea. I think all JLB minifigures have this, but... I have no word for this, it's beyond me. And the hand accessories ? Not a bad idea but that doesn't do it. Five minifigures have two 1x1 round plates symbolizing their energy waves. Three of them have a blue energy wave (Super Saiyajin Son Gokū, Majin Buu and Super Saiyajin 3 Son Gokū) and two of them have a red one (Vegeta and Super Saiyajin 4 Son Gokū). I talked of five minifigure. What about the sixth one ? It's Kame Sennin holding a kind of iron stick. Well... Isn't he the creator of Kamehameha ? He would have deserved an energy wave more than the other characters !

Kame Sennin, Super Saiyajin Son Gokū, Super Saiyajin 3 Son Gokū, Vegeta, Super Saiyajin 4 Son Gokū, Majin Buu

I tried to make the minifigures stand up. I didn't manage it, so I used Decool plates to take the picture. OK, so bad news for the players. Then, the pieces fit bad together. Sometimes a hand doesn't want to be hitched, another time the legs bend on their own. It's not a good quality ! The hair are made with a disgusting soft plastic. Vegeta wears kneepads, but he never wore it.

The printing is not that bad. Sometimes the colors don't fit (Son Gokū Super Saiyajin 3 and 4's chests have not a fitting color with their skin. The faces are quite good. The best three faces are Vegeta, Kame Sennin and Majin Buu. Unfortunately, Kame Sennin's face is printed too low, so his beard hides a major part of it. The three Son Gokūs' faces don't really look like Son Gokū. Super Saiyajin 3 Son Gokū has eyebrows whereas he doesn't have it in the manga.

In comparison to Decool minifigures, Kame Sennin is as tall as the other characters, whereas he is smaller in the Decool set. It's not really an issue. This character wears a turtle shell too, the same as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Raphael.

Kame Sennin, Super Saiyajin Son Gokū, Super Saiyajin 3 Son Gokū, Vegeta, Super Saiyajin 4 Son Gokū, Majin Buu

To conclude I will say that it's not a bad set, but the quality isn't present. Some characters are well done, the other are cheap. The best character is Majin Buu because he doesn't have one of those terrible hairpieces. Fortunately I had no piece missing unlike a friend of mine who had a JLB One Piece set with one leg missing. If this brand releases other Dragon Ball Z sets I would be happy, if they don't it's OK.

Next time I will talk of a Lego set. And then a new Dragon Ball minifigures set when I'll get it !

VERDICT
IDEAS :
 REALIZATION : X 

No comments:

Post a Comment